Product Design Engineer
Lowell Manufacturing Company in Pacific, Missouri is looking for an experienced, motivated and driven Product Design Engineer with project management skills. Position will be focused on continued development of the company’s enclosure and rack line into new markets.This includes improvements of existing/new series of products, manufacturing processes; documentation and third party submittals (Product design work of data racks a plus). Position focuses primarily around rack and enclosure design to E.I.A. / T.I.A. standards for the AV/IT/DATA markets.
- Produce conceptual designs with sales/marketing/production group on new, standard and customs products, may include OEM customers.
- Prepare production level drawings, process engineering changes, and technical papers.
- Create and maintain prints, bill of materials, instruction sheets, etc. to finish documentation for new products and features
- Responsible for component and assembly design focused on product improvement, cost reductions, and improved quality and manufacturability.
- Support production/manufacturing to ensure fabrication and assembly of designs.
- Evaluate, prepare and assist as required with testing of standard and competitive products
- Support company’s electrical and acoustical products as required.
Qualifications / Education / Training / Experience:
- Degree: Combination of degree and /or experience will be considered
- Two to 10 years product design with 3D engineering software. Proficiency in SolidWorks and Microsoft Office is highly desirable.
- Manufacturing oriented for metal, plastics, electrical and acoustical design
- Strong organization and communications skill; technical writing, familiar with UL/ETL standards and listing procedures are desired attributes
Lowell offers a competitive compensation and benefits package with health, life, dental, and disability insurance, 401(k) profit sharing plan, and a bonus program. Reply via email with resume, salary requirements and history to email@example.com or mail to: Kevin Ditch, Director of Engineering Lowell Manufacturing Company, 100 Integram Drive, Pacific, MO 63069