ES-4T: In-Ceiling Speaker
Self-contained, ready-to-install ceiling speaker (4" dual cone driver) produces excellent intelligibility for speech and full-frequency response for music—ideal for commercial or residential use.
• Driver: 4 in. dual cone driver with high-frequency whizzer cone
• Transformer: 16W (tap selector behind grille). Taps for 25V, 70V or 100V speaker systems, and 8 ohm transformer bypass position.
• Enclosure: Painted (grey) steel back-can with reversible mounting dogs. Ported enclosure is tuned for extended low frequency response.
• Grille: Press-fit grille with scrim and pull-tool
• Mounting Aids: Support rails, C-ring, template, paint guard
• Connections: Removable (four-pin) Phoenix-style connector with two terminals for input to speaker and two parallel terminals for output to next speaker in string.
COMPLIANCE & CERTIFICATION
• UL 1480A (General Signaling, US)
• UL 2043 (Return Air Plenum Space)
• CSA C22.2 No. 205-12 (General Signaling, Canada)
• Spec Sheet: 1167-ES4T
• Revit Models: ES Series
• Instructions: Install-ES
The loudspeaker shall be Lowell #ES-4T. It shall include a high-performance 4" dual cone loudspeaker, ported bass reflex enclosure and press-fit grille for recessed ceiling/wall installation. Frequency response shall be 108Hz-20kHz ±6dB. Sensitivity for the system shall be 85.7dB log average @1W/1M over the frequency response range, measured in half-space. The speaker shall be constructed of a polypropylene cone with rubber surround and a PEI whizzer cone. Magnet weight shall be a minimum of 7.35 oz. (208.4g) and the voice coil diameter shall be 0.8" (20.38mm). The transformer shall have primary taps for 100V (16, 8, 4, 2 watt); 70V (16, 8, 4, 2, 1 watt); and 25V (2, 1, .5, .25, .13 watt) with a selector switch mounted on the front under the grille that will include an 8 ohm transformer bypass position. The factory-mounted enclosure shall be 20-gauge steel (painted grey) with internal volume of 113 cu.in. It shall have a seismic restraint ring tie-point on the rear for use where required by code or ordinance. It shall feature four dog-mount ears that allow it to be mounted in a ceiling with a maximum thickness of 2.125" (54mm). A template shall be provided to assist in cutting mounting holes. A rear access cable or flexible conduit entrance strain relief shall be provided with a termination cavity that encloses a four-pin Phoenix-style connector. The connector shall include two terminals for input to the speaker and two parallel terminals for output to the next speaker in the string. The system shall include a C-ring for use in reinforcing the edge of drywall ceiling cutouts, or for use with the included support rails to guard against ceiling tile sag from speaker weight. The unit shall also include a press-fit, fine mesh steel grille with white finish and a grille pull tool.
OPTIONS (order separately)
• ES-4-RIB: Rough-in bridge
• ES-4-RTR: Retrofit trim ring