Engineered for very high quality music and paging, the 6A40 is a 6.5 inch coaxial compression driver with wide angle distribution (120 degrees conical) for uniform response and clear audibility. Complete coverage with minimum units.
Discontinued Model -- Limited availability.
Music and paging
• Description: 6.5 inch 40W coaxial driver for music and paging. Wide angle of sound distribution over a large area for uniform response and clear audibility ensures complete coverage with minimum units. 10 oz. magnet coupled with one inch copper voice coil driving a polypropylene cone with half-roll rubber surround for long cone travel and good edge damping. Post-mounted tweeter is a 1in. balanced drive dome protected by Ferrofluid and a first order high-pass filter.
• Frame: Stamped 20 gauge steel frame with black enamel paint finish and zinc-plated backplate.
• Power Rating: 40W
• Frequency Response: 40Hz-20kHz (nominal); 40Hz-20kHz (±6dB)
• Mounting Depth: 3 in.
• Mounting Bolt Circle: 6.13 in.
• Dispersion Angle: 120 degrees conical
• Average Sensitivity: 88dB
• Note: Not for use with torsion grille unless IX Series backbox is used.
COMPLIANCE & CERTIFICATION
• Made in U.S.A. with global components
• Meets or exceeds industry standards
• Spec Sheet: 1588-6A40
The driver shall be Lowell Model No. 6A40, 6A40 which shall be of the coaxial type having electrically independent high and low frequency transducers. The low frequency section shall have a 6.5 inch diameter polypropylene cone and the high frequency section shall have a tweeter with a 1 inch balanced-drive dome. A built-in electrical crossover network shall be employed to accomplish the proper frequency division between the two drivers. The crossover frequency shall be at 4000Hz with a first order high-pass filter. The driver shall be capable of producing a uniform audible frequency response over the range of 40Hz-20kHz (±6dB) with a dispersion angle of 120 degrees conical @2000Hz (-6dB). The average sensitivity shall measure 85dB (SPL at 1W/1M). Rated power handling shall be 40 watts RMS. The low frequency voice coil shall have a diameter of 1 inch and shall operate in a magnetic field derived from a ferrite (ceramic) magnet having a nominal weight of 10 oz. The high frequency voice coil shall have a diameter of 0.53 inches and operate in a magnetic field derived from a ferrite (ceramic) magnet having a nominal weight of 2 oz. The voice coil impedance shall be 8 ohms. The driver shall have a round, structurally reinforced stamped 20 ga. steel frame to maintain precise mechanical alignment and shall provide facilities for mounting a transformer. The driver shall have an overall diameter of 6.5 in. with eight obround holes equally spaced at 45 degrees on a 6.13 in. diameter mounting bolt circle. The mounting depth shall not exceed 3 in. (not including optional transformer). External metal parts shall be finished in black enamel paint or zinc plating.