Standards and Listings
Lowell employs third party listings for many rack, power and audio products. Refer to individual product specification sheets for information about a particular product.
- CSA C22.2 NO 205-M1983 : Signaling Equipment for General Signaling and Fire Alarm Signaling, Canada
- CSFM : California State Fire Marshall, Building Materials Listing Program for Fire Alarm Devices
- UL5: Standard for Surface Metal Raceways and Fittings
- UL508A: Standard for Industrial Control Panels
- UL1363: Standard for Relocatable Power Taps
- UL1449: Standard for Surge Protective Devices
- UL1480 5th Edition: General Signaling, USA, Speakers for Commercial and Professional Use
- UL1480 5th Edition: Fire Protective Signaling, USA, Speakers for Fire Alarm Emergency
- UL2043: Fire Test for Heat and Visible Smoke Release for Discrete Products and Their Accessories Installed in Air Handling Spaces
- UL60065 : Standard for Audio, Video and Similar Electronic Apparatus - Safety Requirements
- RoHs: The Restriction of Hazardous Substances directive adopted by the European Union (EU) serves to restrict the use of certain hazardous substances — such as lead, cadmium, and mercury — typically used in the process of manufacturing electronic equipment. Lowell strives to use RoHs compliant components without sacrificing product performance or price.
UL & ETL: The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has listed both Underwriters Laboratories, Inc. (UL) and Intertek Testing Services, Inc. (ETL) as Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratories (NRTL). Information about the program can be found online at OSHA's website.